Thursday, March 22, 2012

Rocking And1’s, 14-year old standing at almost 7-feet joins Chile’s under-15 national team

[Foreign Flava – 3.22.12] – Rocking And1’s, 14-year old standing at almost 7-feet joins Chile’s under-15 national team

Inks: FLASH aka g_sk1lls 
Images: Deportes.terra.cl , and B.A.E. for the And1 Rebound Mid

The Chilean under-15 national team definitely had a huge boost with young Javier Barra joining the squad this month.  Standing at 2.08 meters tall (roughly 6’ 10”), this 14 year old is projected by his countrymen as the next (literally) big thing in Chile basketball.  Click HERE for the source material.

Recruited by Manuel Cordova, coach of Chile national teams, Javier has a distinct advantage in the post, both in offense and defense, and according to scouting reports, is improving steadily his skill and techniques in playing the game.
According to an interview by a Chile website (Mobile BiobioChilem, translated to English), Barra said “I am with all the desire to continue training and get into the selection. This is a very new experience for me, I see that basketball is all a way for me. In fact this sport forward hopefully take me to get a scholarship that allows me to study at a time. I never thought I was going to happen so, reaching the national preselection, I'm very excited, because I used to play for entertainment and now is something else. I have good shot and my height is easy for me to win the rebounds. Besides, I like to defend."
It is interesting to note that this youngster is wearing an And1 Chile jersey in the images provided, and is using the And1 Rebound Mid.  I am not surprised about the choice of footwear, given it is a very sturdy and solid shoe, plus it definitely matches this kid’s game..wearing the Rebound Mids while hauling down the rebounds.

We’ll be featuring international And1 news occasionally (shoutouts to AND1 Chile), and for your regular local updates, we are also on Twitter (follow @and1ph) and LIKE us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/and1ph).  And that’s the 411, And Juan!

1 comment: